Sunday 24 May 2009

BetFair

Today was my first day back at the tables after deciding to BR myself for $50NL, I decided to make use of the rakeback offer at BetFair giving 60% rakeback for up to $2500 and then 30-40% afterwards. I cant believe how good rakeback is, I have definately been missing out, especially as BetFair is really soft. The players are passive and very nitty pre flop although I am quite used to this but I actually think it is less aggressive than pacific. I have to say I dont enjoy playing at poker stars and getting 3-bet relentlessly from the blinds when in late position.

Twice I got QQ all in pre against AA, and after playing 3000 hands I didn't see anyone else go all in pre, unless they were less than mid stacked and one guy paused on calling with QQ for 40BB against me and I had JJ and i was like wow... It is just so transparent you spend an hour playing against some people who always are calling and playing weak post flop then eventually they 3-bet you and then on the flop they pot it... its like erm i wonder what you have lol! Its in spots like these where JJ becomes hard, can you really fold JJ-QQ pre to these nits I think you can, maybe i can learn how to fold.

Post flop I saw some really crazy calls resulting in back door flushes in craziest spots ever and people stacking with 2nd/3rd pair and rivering me. Although one guy bluffed 80% of his stack on the river for a large overbet and I had rivered the nut straight, so shoved the rest in and he called with 6 high lol, snap called then left. He must hate money. My bluffing had mixed results, but I feel pleased because the times I got picked off, I had read the hand correctly, just I had made a bad read on thinking they would fold. This is easy to adjust and in spots like these I can value bet thinner. After a few hours playing I was down 6 buy ins and 4 buy ins below expectation, which doesn't count some annoying spots where they hit but you have a set and have to pay the unlikely part of their range.

Overall down $86 but I believe up $120 in rakeback, but not 100% on that.

No comments: